Resume

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My Christmas 2013 Mini Album (featuring WRMK)

Good morning!  Now that the hustle and bustle of the holiday season is over, it was time to look through the millions of photos taken over the past several weeks.  There's pictures of family visiting, breakfasts with Santa, grown up parties, snow, Christmas day and on and on and on.  I get overwhelmed easily by it all, and to be honest, I don't really like scrapping Christmas.  It's embarrassing as a scrapper to not love documenting such a huge, memorable part of the year, but it is what it is.  I think that by the time the holiday is over, I'm just so burnt out, the last thing I want to do, is a ton of 12x12 Christmas layouts.  So, I did something different this year.  And it was great. And stress-free.  And I still documented Christmas.  I made a mini-album with my Cinch.

I grabbed my North Pole papers and embossed stickers, and some book board, and cut the papers and board down to 5x7. (I knew I would be using 4x6 pictures to make life easier).  I started with the cover, adding some embellishment with a North Pole tag, and some chipboard alphas, and then just embellished random pages as I went along, using the North Pole Albums Made Easy Cards, a little bit of ribbon, and the stickers and paper scraps.  Then, I printed pictures when I was done, and all I had left to do was just adhere them in.  What a breath of fresh air- to have my Christmas scrapping done with zero frazzle.  And I love that it's in a cute, compact form that I can keep on our bookshelf and pull out to look at.  (And if you want to bless a friend, you could give one of these minis to them--just create and leave spaces for her to add her photos.  What a great gift!)

Here are some of my favorite pages from my album:





No comments:

Post a Comment