Resume

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Sweet 16 card

So, one of our sweet babysitters turned 16 this week.  I remember that birthday fondly, as my parents surprised me with a ticket to see NSYNC and Britney Spears in concert.  Ah, yes.  Memories were made.  Now that I'm nearly twice that age, it's fun to look back on that fun memory.  Our babysitters are like family to us, so I wanted to make her a card that really fit her.  She and her sisters are into all things fairytale, so I thought that Critters Ever After would be perfect.  Here's what I came up with:

I was inspired by Melania Deasy's card seen here.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to go back and add a little bit of glitter.  And I'm entering it into Lawnscaping's 37th challenge, Use Dimension, and Young Crafters Unite! Many Layers challenge.

Thanks for taking a peek!

8 comments:

  1. What a super sweet card! Love your take on our Use Dimensions challenge - perfect! Hugs Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so sweet! I love the scene and all the dimension. Great take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This window card is fantastic! A fantasy card indeed! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! Happy birthday to your not so little one!!!! :)

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a fun scene you have built!!! this looks amazing :) i feel like i am in this fairy tale! thanks for playing a long with lawnscaping!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, love the pink unicorn =) Thanks for joining our YCU challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being named Honorable Gnome! Fantastic scene!

    ReplyDelete