Resume

Friday, March 2, 2012

Young Crafters Unite! Challenge #7: Clear Cards

I admit, I was a bit intimidated by the Young Crafters Unite challenge at first, but once I remembered that I had a drawer full of clear plastic treat sacks, the rest of the card fell together pretty quickly.  I first punched out a bunch of confetti using my Cropadile and my Lime Twist Fly a Kite 6x6.  Then I stamped and colored the frame using Lawn Fawn's Fanciful frames set, and a couple of Copics, then trimmed and adhered my confetti pouch to the back of the frame. I love the birthday owls stamps from Recollections, so I stamped and paper pieced a couple of these cute hooters, then stuck on the frame using some foam dots.  I wanted to keep the attention to the fun confetti-filled frame, so I chose a simple sentiment from Lawn Fawn's Plus One, and stuck it underneath with foam dots.  I'm really happy with the way it came out; those owls make me smile!

Hope your day is a hoot! :)
~Jen

4 comments:

  1. Jen, this is amazing. I have a bag of those clear sacks I don't know what to do with. And now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really fun design!! I've just had a very nice visit to your blog :)

    ReplyDelete