Resume

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Denim and Pearls on the Sidewalks

The other day, I had a bit of crafty time, and it was just one of those days when I had a bunch of ideas swimming around in my head, but I just *could not* bring them to fruition.  I made sketches ahead of time, had the gorgeous products in front of me, but for some reason, nothing was coming out as it was supposed to.  It was almost laughable the way my sewing machine kept coming unthreaded, my pieces to a sunburst card were not lining up like a puzzle (the way the tutorial said they would!), and it seemed like my paper just wouldn't match anything.  Finally, I looked over, saw a pair of my son's holey jeans that I was saving for a project and a light bulb went off.  I got to work cutting a long zigzaggy strip of denim from the legs and fashioned a rosette from them.  Beauty from a pair of holey ol' ripped up jeans.  I had just happened to stock up on two of Authentique's paper lines this past weekend (Loyal and Genuine...my LSS finally carries A!) and the denim flower was a perfect match for Genuine.  It seems that lately my cards using A come together so quickly.  Anyway, here's my "jean-ius" (<-----Thanks, Heather!) card using Authentique's Genuine:

I also got to play with Mister Huey's for the first time this week.  (Thank you, ScrapbookSteals!)  I intended on misting the card, using the circle shape as a mask, but liked this look better.  The papers and sentiment are from October Afternoon's Sidewalks collection.  See that pink pearl?  I colored it with a Copic.  Who knew?
I like how the pop dots behind the circles make the bubbly die cut look like it's floating.

Hope you get some time to create today!


1 comment:

  1. That denim card with Genuine is absolutely fantastic! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete